How to Create a Healthy Menu for Your Spring Training Tailgate
Whether your favorite team is playing in Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, or Phoenix, most baseball fans in Arizona consider Spring Training a great opportunity to get together with friends and enjoy delicious food and good company. Thankfully, even if you started a New Year dieting goal that you don’t want to knock off-track, you can feature a healthy menu that will still be delicious for this fun event when purchasing from Pita Jungle. Here’s what to serve:
How to Select Healthy Spring Training Menu Options
Before looking at what Pita Jungle offers, consider the following characteristics you need to look for when constructing your Spring Training menu.
- Yummy and shareable
- Made from Scratch
- Vegetarian & vegan
Snack Items that Work Well With a Healthy Spring Training Tailgate
- Sharables: This works well for the party setting. Pita chips and healthy dips, like hummus, garlic dip, and tzatziki, are always popular choices. Just make sure you don’t overindulge as this is a sharable dish.
- Bulk Items: Other notable favorites you can include are wraps and pitas or other food items you can purchase in bulk. These won’t be too calorie dense (unless you overdo it) and can keep you from overeating.
- Finger Foods: The nature of a Spring Training tailgate usually demands easy-to-eat foods, like finger foods. Items like quesadillas, pita sandwiches, or even veggie plates or fruit plates are all excellent options.
- Catering: If you don’t want to have to worry over the hassle of preparing your snacks and/or meals for your Spring Training tailgate but want to have some excellent choices, you can always consider having the event catered. Of course, if you opt for catering through the Pita Jungle, not only will you and your guests have some amazing dishes but they will also be healthy, keeping you on track with your health goals this New Year.
What Healthy Snacks and Meals to Try at Pita Jungle
The following are some healthy options that Pita Jungle offers that are ideally suited for a party atmosphere or even to enjoy on your own while watching Spring Training:
- Hummus: This noteworthy healthy option features chickpeas, EVOO, fresh garlic, tahini, garbanzo confit, and pita.
- Spinach Four-Cheese Quesadilla: This delicious option comes with cheddar, mozzarella, feta, and Swiss cheese served on lavash bread with pico de gallo, fresh spinach, and za'atar.
- Spinach Pasta Salad: This scrumptious salad comes with fresh spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, zaatar, roasted mushrooms, tri-color rotini pasta, and lemon vinaigrette.
- Gyro Pitas: This pita features broiled beef and lamb, seasonal mixed greens, tzatziki, red onions, pickles, and tomatoes, with a Greek pita or as a bowl with turmeric brown rice, lemon juice, cabbage-kale greens, and sumac.
Keep the above tips and delicious catering options in mind when planning your upcoming Spring Training tailgate. Such an event doesn’t have to be the end of healthy eating as you can eat well with food that is made from scratch and tastes great!